Workshop Team Leader
We currently have an opportunity for a Workshop Team Leader who will be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop for a leading manufacturer of special purpose machinery. You will need to be personable and confident to forge strong working relationships and have the required drive to meet performance targets.
- Maintain a safe working environment on the shop floor
- Effectively manage jobs to meet deadlines
- Assist with the distribution and allocation of labour
- Maintain supplies to workshop
- Educate and instruct on assembly techniques and production methods
- Manage tooling required for production
- Work with design to innovate and improve current designs for production and purpose
- Document and advise on quality issues
- Create and amend procedures to enhance throughput and quality
- Proactively train and educate engineers/apprentices on equipment
- Assist with the manufacture and assembly of equipment
- Engineering qualification
- Strong industry knowledge
- Inter-personal skills with people management experience.
- Good computer literacy
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be a self-starter with a good eye for detail and a "hands-on" approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Hours and Pay:
- Monday - Friday 37 hour week (8.30 to 16.45)
- Circa £32k per annum
- Overtime available
- Option to join Company pension scheme after 1 years' service.