Job: Trainee Dental Nurse
- Hours: 0830-1730
- From £11.00 per hour/£22,880 per annum depending on experience
Full time Trainee Dental Nurse opportunity for a Dental Studio in Peterborough.
- Across a wide range of dental chair side support procedures.
- A wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- In the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Recording of treatment including charting form the dentist’s instructions and other associated clerical work.
- Preparation of filling materials, impression materials, instruments and equipment.
- Cleaning away used instruments and materials and keeping the surgery clean and tidy.
- Triage of patients attending for emergency treatment.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions and information, for example, minor oral surgery, and ensuring the instructions are understood.
- Care and minor maintenance of equipment such as high-speed drills.
- Maintaining stock levels in surgery and checking expiry dates. Re-ordering stocks when required
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
- Demonstrating commitment to post qualification/registration mandatory training CPD required by the General Dental Council.
- Attend mandatory training to remain compliant with HASAWA 1974 and GDC
If this sounds like you please click and apply with your current CV.
Digital Printer new
HGV Technician new