Technical Design Engineer
An opportunity has arisen with our client based near Sandy who are looking for a Technical Design Engineer to join their skilled and knowledgeable team on a permanent basis. This role will be working as part of their design team on the comprehensive range of equipment that they manufacture.
The role of the Technical Design Engineer is to perform necessary calculations, control and advise on technical legislation that their equipment should conform to. You will be an essential part of design team, advising on all projects going forward.
- Perform necessary calculations, control and advise on technical legislation that their equipment should conform to such as PD5500, ASME, Puwer, Machinery Directive, CE/CA marking etc
- Specify and source technical bought out items to ensure they conform to company and customer requirements
- Advise both colleagues and customers regarding technical queries
- Provide technical and service requirements for Sales drawings and marketing/commercial documents
- Control of formulation and updating of Bills of Materials
- Control of technical manual formulation
- Formulation of spare parts lists
- Administer technical library (online and hard copy), serial number database, and parts database
- Checking customer URS/Specifications for technical requirements/specifications prior to quotation or contract signature
- Experience in a similar role heavily involved with calculations and managing the legislative process
- Fully conversant with Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience within either a sheet metal and fabrication or machining environment would be an advantage
- Experience within the food manufacturing environment is preferred but not essential
Hours of Work and Pay
- Monday to Friday
- 8.30am to 5pm
- Potential overtime
- Up to £50,000 per annum
This illustrious company is well-known for the manufacturing of high-quality equipment for the food industry. Their expertise covers a broad range of products and they're now looking to add to their team.