A rewarding position has become available for a Quality inspector to join a growing, busy Engineering company based in Bedfordshire. The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. We are interested in applicants who have experience with Fabrication & Welding and have a good understanding of Machined parts. Knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The goal is to ensure that our customers' products are made correctly to the drawing requirements and meet their needs and expectations.
- Read drawings, schematics and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the products
- Receipt and in-process Inspection Activities
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with quality and safety standards
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and quarantine any that doesn't meet requirements
- Liaising with the Works Manager on quality issues
- Involvement in Internal & External Audits
- Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Able to understand drawing symbols and machine tolerances.
- Ideally have Fabrication / Sheet Metal / Brake Press experience.
- Familiarity with quality inspection equipment (e.g. Digital Verniers, Micrometers, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Previous working experience to ISO accreditations is a strong advantage (ISO 9001 etc.)
Hours and Pay:
- Monday - Friday 8am to 4.30pm - 40 hours a week
- £26k - £32k per annum DOE
- Overtime available