Due to continued growth, our client in Whittlesey are now looking to expand their purchasing team. This is a permanent position working as part of the group purchasing team ensuring support for both teams and management systems to ensure the requirements of the business are met for the ordering and delivery of materials / components for both production and new product design.
- Working as part of the purchasing team to raise purchase orders and ensure goods are delivered on time in both locations in the UK and Lithuania
- To support the business requirements for the sourcing of materials for both production and NPI
- Liaise between suppliers and other departments to identify and resolve potential supply chain issues.
- Producing purchasing reports and the conducting of audits as required.
- Assist with the annual stock take.
- To manage and distribute a list of price variances for both the UK and Lithuania
- To update the SAP and Optimum systems in the control of pricing and sourcing decisions
- To ensure the supplier selection and information/agreement details within the business partners database on SAP and Optimum are correct at all times.
- Experience in procurement advantageous
- A good standard of numeracy, literacy, and negotiating skills
- Previous knowledge of ERP/MRP systems beneficial
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Financial awareness and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully work alone and within a team
- The ability to be self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic
Hours of Work and Pay
- £11.00/hr DOE
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Free Parking
- Opportunity for progression
- Accessible site location - close to public transport