Do you want to work for a company who supply many of the worlds leading food manufacturers? Do you want to be working on an delivering the latest technology for the food manufacturing industry?
We are looking for an experienced Production Engineer with programming experience to join our client, based in Peterborough. You will play a pivotal role in the development of manufacturing processes and procedures. Providing support and expertise in CNC machining methods, improving production process efficiencies with a focus on reducing waste.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business who are at the forefront of their industry.
- Provide machine tool programs, tool lists and fixtures as required by the manufacturing schedule
- Produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for machined components
- Identify improvements in manufacturing processes and procedures
- Drive cost reduction initiatives, including design for manufacture
- Help maintain manufacturing schedules
- Solve problems and improve processes and methods within manufacturing teams
- Provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business
- Interface between technical and shop floor personnel
- Undertake specific projects as and when required
- Occasional travel involved
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- A broad knowledge of machined components and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experienced in machine tool programming (HyperMill an advantage)
- Familiarity with writing specifications, procedures and instructions
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to work on own initiative
- A methodical approach to tasks
- Strong IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred