Our growing client based in Peterborough currently as an exciting job opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
You will be responsible for mechanical design of new products and updates/maintenance of existing product range.
Work alongside Electronics Design, Commercial and Operations teams to develop, design and bring to Mass Production Meters.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Lead Mechanical Design for the business
• Carry out detailed mechanical design work using 3D design package (SolidWorks).
• Work with commercial and hardware teams to develop products from initial concept to Mass Production.
• Work closely with Contract Manufacturer to ensure products are designed for manufacture. Travel to Manufacturing site (Currently China) as required. Once it is safe to do so.
• Produce 2D drawings from 3D package, maintaining documentation and organisation of all Mechanical Design work.
• Maintain and update existing products as required from mechanical design perspective.
Qualifications and experience
• Apprenticeship, Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
• Ideally 3 years' minimum experience in electronic product mechanical design. But we will consider less experience for the right person.
• Experience in the use of 3D drawing package. (Ideally SolidWorks but not essential.)
• Experience working closely with Hardware Design and Commercial teams to develop products.
• Team player who is confident to put ideas forward in an experienced team.