Are you a recent Engineering Graduate who is looking for a great development opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Junior Design Engineer to join a vibrant manufacturing business based in Peterborough. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with lots of potential for progression and development.
The successful candidate will have experience working with Solidworks and Autocad, with a keen eye for detail. You will be responsible for supporting the Technical Sales team with design drawings of new bids, including 2D and 3D modelling and concept drawings.
Main Duties will include:
- Develop 2d and 3d equipment layouts to a concept stage, including scope of supply lists for Sales and Commercial to utilise for quoting and Sales meeting purposes.
- Prepare technical documentation to support Equipment layouts, such as Calculations and Equipment technical data.
- Develop 3d layouts of equipment, including high-quality renders for required projects.
- Make necessary calculations to determine project/machine specifications.
- Work with the design and electrical departments to ensure the concept design functions correctly and to what is required in the Project brief.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the Commercial Department Manager daily, including weekly project reporting.
- Support salesman and project team on any technical data needed in handover meetings for projects that have been sold and entering the business.
The successful candidate will have the chance to develop their skills and progress within the business. The salary for this role is £26-28k, and there is potential for further development and training.