Our manufacturing client based in Peterborough are currently recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer to join their existing team.
Responsible for electronic design of products. Working within the existing electronic design team and embedded firmware design, mechanical design, commercial and operations teams to develop, design and bring to mass production electricity meters and other energy related products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analogue, digital and embedded system design based on microcontrollers.
- PCB Design using schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Develop and test prototypes to evaluate functionality and performance.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing and scaling up to high volume manufacturing.
- Approving products to recognised standards, for example CE, MID and RED.
- Willingness to travel overseas, particularly Asia, to support manufacturing and export markets.
- Writing technical reports and specifications.
- Working to ISO 9001 procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in microcontroller based electronic product design, an understanding energy measurement or EV charging would be beneficial.
- PCB design using schematic capture and PCB layout tools, experience of Mentor Graphics PADs would be beneficial.
- A team player who is confident to put ideas forward within an experienced team.