Our Client are a organic produce and dairy products operation situated in Papworth Everard just outside of Cambridge.
Due to a long term member of staff leaving them, they are currently seeking a replacement counterbalance Operative on a temp to perm basis to assist them with their rapidly growing business.
Tasks and responsibilities -
- Loading and unloading of vans and 7.5 tonne vehicles with product
- Moving of goods and placing them safely in assigned locations
- Completion of relevant paperwork where necessary
- Picking of items with counterbalance to assist order pickers
- Some handballing of products where necessary
- Basic vehicle safety checks at start and end of shifts
- Any other reasonable request delegated by management team
Ideal Candidate -
- In possession of an in date Counterbalance licence
- Comfortable working in a slightly chilled environment (7-9 degrees c)
- No issues with early starts
- Previous experience of forklift operation in a fast paced work environment
- Versatile person willing to ''muck in'' and help elsewhere when necessary
- Basic goods in and goods out knowledge advantageous
- Flexible and ''can do attitude''
- Reliability is a must due to the nature of the operation
- Someone open to develop new skills and willing to learn
- A good communicator who is calm under pressure
Working Hours - Either 04.30-14.30 any 5 days from 6 Monday-Saturday
16.00 - 00.00 any 5 days from 6 Sunday-Friday
This is a real opportunity to join a growing business with a good reputation in their field.
Additional opportunities for progression and development will be available for the right candidates and a £250 signing on bonus upon completion of 14 weeks and going on to a full time contract.
It should also be noted that whilst the role is predominantly forklift driving, other general Warehouse duties will be expected when necessary to aid your colleagues.
If this sounds like a role youd be interested in, please click the apply button or contact Ryan at Recruitmint at your earliest convenience on 01733802500 .