CAD Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Design Engineer to join one of the market leaders in the manufacture and supply of rainwater and roofline products in the Leicestershire area.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with over 30 years’ experience and have grown to be one of the largest providers in their niche nationwide. They have consistently achieved year on year growth and now have extremely ambitious growth goals over the next few years.
As a CAD Design Engineer, you will be taking ownership of small to large projects by producing 2D layout/section drawings and creating a manufacturing pack consisting of drawings, flat patterns and nests for their CNC punch machines.
- Producing 2D layout/section drawings for customer approval
- Creating a manufacturing pack consisting of drawings, flat patterns and nests for CNC punch machines using Radan CAD/CAM software.
- Producing manufacturing drawings and liaising with colleagues to ensure components are value engineered for a cost-effective solution
- Taking effective instructions from both suppliers and clients in order to deliver the project within the set timeframes
- Site visits with Client and/or representatives to provide technical support to create the drawings, extract the relevant information, generate the manufacturing pack for production and ensuring agreed times lines are satisfied and met
- Proficient using 3D CAD software SolidWorks and 2D CAD software Radan
- Previous experience in designing sheet metal components in SolidWorks
- Previous experience in designing items from casting and extrusion
- Priorities product risk using DFMEA
- Experienced using SolidWorks Static simulation
- Degree or HNC/ HND in Mechanical Engineering
- DriveWorks Experience desirable
- Radan CAD/CAM and Inventor experience ideally
- Familiarity with CNC Punch/Laser cutting and Press Brake ideally
- Familiarity with building & architectural drawings and processes ideally
Hours of Work and Pay
- Monday to Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Up to £40,000
- 23 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
- On-site parking