Senior Transport Planner/ Manager
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum negotiable DOE
Do you have an experience in a Transport Planner or similar role? Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a growing distribution company at their Spalding depot as the Senior Transport Planner/ Manager. You will be responsible for all aspects involved in the planning and administration of the distribution and delivery system, ensuring opportunities are maximised on and costs are controlled in the most efficient manner possible, and with consistently excellent customer service.
The role requires someone with significant gravitas, energy and excellent interpersonal skills to lead, develop and manage this function.
- You will be responsible for the daily operation of a fleet of 25 HGVs running throughout the UK.
- Liaise with customers regarding requirements and confidently action any issues that arise
- Quote on haulage rates to current and potential customers
- Organise freight to ensure all cargo is loaded out correctly and efficiently, working alongside warehouse department.
- Plan the following days deliveries
- Manage the distribution of customer orders and deliveries across designated areas.
- Provide a professional, stock, warehouse and delivery operation at all times, with the support of a dedicated distribution team Vehicle compliance and maintenance
- Route planning and optimisation
- Strong UK geographical knowledge including route planning
- Preferably 2 years' experience in a Transport Planner or similar role
- Ability to work independently, often in high pressure environments and establish effective working relationships at all levels of the business
- IT Literate - Excel is essential
- Strong communication and people management skills being able to cultivate strong business relationships on multiple levels.
- Ability to work on weekends as some weekend working required as needed by the operation.
To find out more please contact Angelina at Recruit Mint on 01733 802 500 or upload your CV using the 'Apply Now' button