Purpose of the role:
The Senior Operations Manager will play a key role in helping to improve the site and develop the management team to ensure there is a clear succession plan in the operation. They will be a leader who leads by example and ensures that quality processes are used on every occasion.
The Senior Operations Manager will manage all site activity, including facilities and security, to maximise profit whilst achieving revenue growth targets. It is important the Senior Operations Manager has the ability to build and develop long lasting relationships both with their colleagues and the client doing this by having a clear understanding of the client business.
The Senior Operations Manager will play a key role in site projects, continuous improvement and change initiatives meet business, schedule and budget objectives. This person will focus on ensuring SLAs are bettered on every occasion.
The Senior Operations Manager will ensure that a productive and effective Customer relationship is both maintained and enhanced with the client by taking a constructive and proactive approach to the process of building rapport and understanding with the client management team.
• Ensure that the resource planning team optimise resource and efficiencies, meet or exceed service levels, and maintain costs within agreed budget or forecast. Clear objectives for Planning Manager and team
• Ensure that productivity and resource deployment are accurately recorded by client, functional area and task by the operation
• Ensure that management reports are made available within the agreed schedule
• Ensure that resource planning and productivity are regularly reviewed and appropriate actions are taken to manage changes in client demand, operational performance, process, and resource availability and deployment
• Ensure that a policy of continuous improvement is introduced and reported, to enable review of cause and effect analysis. Implementation of process and procedural improvement to be carried out
• Ensure stock file is fully accurate, by setting clear direction and focus for Stock Manager and their team
• Ensure standard operating processes in place to deliver profit plan and client SLA's
• Recommend and gain agreement to resource plans to deliver short and medium term requirements
• Implement new client operations
• Ensure that revenue, cost and margin meet or exceed agreed budgets and forecasts at site and client levels, in both £ and % terms, within areas of responsibility
• Profit plan - Input to approved site budget models to gain approval from Finance function. Report P&L performance vs plan inc variance analysis and reforecast where required (all at client and site/business level)
• Support the General Manager in developing the people team/individuals required to support business growth and implement a clear succession plan
• Implement and maintain corporate people policies - e.g. recruitment; inductions; performance management inc absence;
• Ensure that clear and effective communications are provided to all site personnel and site meetings scheduled to update on company, client, and site activities, performance and direction
• Provide effective communications to all site personnel
• Ensure that all site colleagues have clearly documented and agreed job responsibilities, and their role, tasks and responsibilities are understood.
• All reportees to have clear understanding of the importance of role clarity and timeframes as to the how to'
• Monitor all colleagues for regular and timely performance reviews according to the agreed schedule
• Ensure that all colleagues meet or exceed standards of performance against agreed objectives, targets and measures, and company values
- Under performance to be measured and managed
• Ensure that all site colleagues are made fully aware, trained, and comply with company health and safety policy
• Ensure that a high level of morale is achieved and maintained, and that attrition and absenteeism are minimised and managed within the company guidelines
• Using a partnership approach. Manage, maintain and grow client business relationships.
• Ensure that services provided to site client meet or exceed the customer's expectations, and company standards as defined in within agreed contracts, agreements and schedule of company operating standards
• Ensure that service levels in respect of SLA and KPI targets are accurately measured and reported
• Attend, formal review meetings held with client, as required
• Ensure that actions attributed to you are recorded within the formal review meetings are progressed to completion within the agreed timescales, and are closed in agreement with the client
If you interested in this exciting opportunity within this excellent Logistics organisation then APPLY or contact Aaron for further information.