Senior Unified Communications Engineer
Our client, a large manufacturing business located near Cambridge, currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Unified Communications Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for an International company, which will require travel throughout the UK and Europe.
Main Duties Include:
• Provide overall enterprise level Cisco VoIP infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
• Manage Unified Communication infrastructures for operational networks.
• Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to the Unified Communications infrastructure efforts.
• Perform analyses on Unified Communications infrastructure to discover and document the baseline.
• Provide advanced technical analyses of Cisco US challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to enterprise needs.
• Experience with industry standard VoIP technologies (SIP, H323, SCCP and MGCP) and with a minimum 5 years' experience in a Sr. Engineering position.
• Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, VG224's.
• Strong knowledge (i.e. routers and switches) and strong understanding of VoIP is required (i.e. various types of IP based voice products - Cisco CUCM)
• Design dial plan schemes, trunking, transmissions and reporting of trunking and capacity metrics. Ability to adapt various systems and customer environments to a converged technology (i.e. convert a legacy TDM site to an IPT site)
• Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS)
• Experience in configuring Cisco IOS based media gateway devices for ISDN PRI connections, as well as an understanding of advanced IP to IP gateway functionality
• Display knowledge in VoIP network sizing, EVPN networks, and COS traffic classifications.
• Prior experience with legacy PBX phone systems
• Voice and data network company transport such as; T1/E1, IP using private line networks. Working knowledge of Video H.261 protocols and equipment, IPv4 addressing and router components and functionality.
• Familiarity with next generation technologies such as Unified Communications, Session Border Controller (SBC), and Session Management is a plus
• Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.
Certifications - Active CCNA or CCNP in Voice certification is required
• Bachelor Degree or relevant (6+ year) of experience
• 6+ years of Cisco UC engineering experience
Hour and Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Private Health Care
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Onsite parking
• Childcare vouchers
• Pension (employee 4%, employer 10%)
The hours of work are 36.5 per week.