Due to continued growth, our prestigious client who manufacture special purpose machinery are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer.
This exciting opportunity offers stability, progression and a challenge.
The primary duty of the Project Engineers is to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order through to completion.
• Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
• Agree a schedule with the Sales, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met.
• Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
• Obtain the customers approval of the designs before the detailed design is done.
• Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead time are pre-ordered in time.
• Ensure the project financial milestones are met.
• Supervise the detailed design work.
• Keep a detailed list of all deviations from the quotation and the contract as defined at the time of order. The Sales Engineer is responsible for negotiating all variations in price but can only do so if kept informed.
• Be available to answer questions for the factory at all times and ensure there are no delays through lack of information.
• Check the manufacturing is proceeding as intended. It is never too late to correct a mistake but the earlier it is picked up the lower the cost of rectification.
• Invite the customer to inspect the equipment at a time that suits the manufacture. Ensure that delivery arrangements are made and that all relevant parties are informed.
• Ensure manuals and spares quotations are prepared and sent early.
• Where appropriate supervise subcontractors during installation.
• Commissioning of the equipment.
• Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
At all times it is essential that the Project Engineer is aware of the status of each of his contracts and that all relevant parties are kept informed. In addition to these duties it will be necessary to help cover for the other Project Engineers when they are absent from the office.
Salary:£35 - £40k DOE.
The standard hours of work for this position are 8.30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
This position will require the successful candidate to work outside these hours on regular occasions as necessary or appropriate for them to carry out their duties properly. Maintaining communications with colleagues and clients outside of normal working hours may also be required for particular projects.
Overnight UK trips and overseas travel may also be a requirement of this position.