Our client, a manufacturer of special purpose process equipment, currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer
You will be expected to work in conjunction with the Project Department, you will be part of a team responsible for the design of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products to be used within the food industry as either a stand-alone product, or as part of a full production line solution.
- Produce either Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor drawings and models working from concepts and layout drawings
- Assist Project Engineers in taking live projects from inception through to completion
- To design and develop new products for the food processing industry
- Design and develop enhancements to their existing product range
- Specification of mechanical components such as belts, motors and pneumatics
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience within either a sheet metal and fabrication or machining environment would be an advantage
- Fully conversant with Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor is essential
- Experience within the food manufacturing or packaging equipment environment is preferred but not essential
Ideally a qualification within Mechanical Engineering is preferred
Based near the town of Sandy with excellent road links to the A1 and A1 making it commutable from surrounding areas such as Bedford, Huntingdon, Cambridge, St Neots and Letchworth Garden City.
For more design jobs in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire, call us now.