Contract: Permanent, full Time
Start date: Wednesday 2 January 2019
We are working with a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust they are striving to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We are recruiting for an English Teacher for one of the Trust's Peterborough based schools. This is a permanent post which starts in January 2019.
The moral purpose is defined through the schools commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, they recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of their schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
The school put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything they do.
The English department is enthusiastic, hard-working and a committed team who wants to make a difference. The department is well resourced and led by fantastic practitioners and we are looking to appoint a colleague who shares their enthusiasm and unswerving determination to help every student enjoy, achieve and progress in English from KS3 through to KS5. In Sixth Form, A Level English Language and A Level English Literature are delivered and in both subjects students make well above average progress given their starting points.
- Be a passionate, dynamic teacher of English.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
What the school can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals.
- Excellent salary package.
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme.
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Fantastic onsite Nursery with competitive prices.
- Enthusiastic and supportive SLT.
- Teachers' Pension Scheme.
To find out more, organise a school tour or apply for this position please call the Peterborough Recruit Mint Education office or forward your CV using the 'Apply Now' button.