Our client based in Sandy, a manufacturer of special purpose machinery, currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to work with their already well established team.
You will expected to carry out the duties associated with issuing electrical parts for machine builds, including producing CAD drawings, parts lists and safety circuit assessments to meet customer specifications.
Main Duties Include:
• Produce detailed electrical wiring schematics and panel layout drawings including selecting components, connectors and cable types/sizes as appropriate.
• Produce Bill of Materials.
• Produce PLC Input/Output list.
• Carry out safety circuit assessments.
• Review panel build against drawings.
• Ensure compliance of design with customer and legislative requirements.
• Assist with troubleshooting during machine build process.
• Liaise with suppliers regarding components and improvements.
• Liaise with in-house personnel as required to resolve build and design issues.
• Updating of electrical schematics following machine build.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required:
• HNC/HND or equivalent in an electrical engineering related field
• Minimum of 3 years' experience using AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of electrical principles
• Ability to understand customer and technical requirements and establish the impact on the design
• IT literate with experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary circa £45k per annum
- 25 Days holiday
- 39 hours per week
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus
Based in the little town of Sandy, with excellent road links to the A1, A428 and A14, this is easily commutable from Peterboorugh, Cambridge, Beford, Luton and Stevenage.